Be careful! More than on hundred Internet scammers had been arrested on September 13, 2006 in Yoshkar-Ola (160km form Kazan)
They placed adds in Dating sites pretending to be women willing to get married a foreigner.
They used the photos of Russian actresses.
All of them were students hiding behind the photos. They got about 10-15% of the sum they swindled out from foreign men. They asked money for English classes, driving courses, urgent medical treatment for relatives etc.
Police revealed 10 apartments that were used as offices for scammers and withdrawn big sum of money.
Proceeding was instituted against scammers and swindlers.
The journalists from Federal channel "Russia" came to our office for comments about this situation.
- Do you come across dating scammers? Tell us, please
Irina Chernova (I.Ch.), Dating consultant Chance For Love Dating Network:
- We meet victims of dating swindlers every day. They apply to us and say: “Ok. I was scammed once but I still want a Russian wife. Persuade me that you are not swindlers too”
-What do you tell to such clients”
- We are ready to it. Unfortunately there are many scammers now. If the man having been scammed once still wants to have to have a Russian wife it means he knows what he wants. He has very serious intentions. I respect such people and we try to do our best for them and even more :-)
- For example?
- The most important is we have a web cam in our office which make shoots very 5 seconds.
Every man can see and be sure that women come to the office, get letters and reply.
If somebody doesn’t believe his eyes he can phone and talk to any lady. It’s very important way to show that we are real. By the way we were the first among Dating Services and decided to set a camera in the office.
Besides we have 24hours hot line. We talk to clients, we inform them through email letters, article and consult them.
Sometimes the men who found Kazan woman not in our site apply to our Agency. They ask to check if their lady is real or not. We always try to help.
Very often men ask: “My girlfriend is asking for money to get Visa to USA. Is she a scammer?”
Believe me methods and principals of dating scamming are well known. It’s surprising why men still believe?
You are right! Police found out many methods of scamming and the one you are talking about among the many in the list. One German man sent 26 thousand euros to his so called “Fiancée”, another sent 30 thousand. What is your attitude to black list?
- There are many such blacklists nowadays. Very often scammed men organized black list in order to revenge. I have two kinds of opinion about it. From one side. Any information is useful and it may help to someone. From other side it should be objective. Sometimes man offended by refusal write to the site and blame a lady in scamming.
Nobody checks these blacklist so I wouldn’t trust them to 100%. There are more efficient ways to catch a scammer in lie. Every man can make a small investigation. When we establish a new business we always investigate it before putting money in, so why we behave like a mad when it comes to a family, love and your future. Why don’t we check anything? It’s natural! The trust in the Internet is the most important.
From our side we are always ready to help even with a kind advise.
You can comment the article or ask any question from the following link: