Russian women dating agencies

Essentials archive:
Resources archive:
Articles archive:
Facts on Russia:

How long does it take to obtain a Fiancee K1 Visa

The length of time varies from case to case according to its circumstances. The time it takes each BCIS office and each consular office to process the case varies. Some cases are delayed because the applicants do not follow instructions carefully or supply incomplete information. (It is important to give us correct postal addresses and telephone numbers.) In addition, the embassy or consulate may need to get security clearances for the applicant. Security clearances take time , but generally it should not exceed 3-4 months if the application is handled correctly. The "secrets" to the timing are to ensure that the fiancee visa petition is perfect when it is submitted to the USCIS (former INS) and that you or your attorney monitor the case as it processes through the bureaucratic system. If you have an attorney, he or she must have the knowledge and experience necessary to solve any problems that may pop up with either the USCIS (former INS) or the Embassy. Unfortunately, problems do occur even when the petition is perfect. Keep in mind that the officers at both the USCIS (former INS) and the Embassies are tremendously overworked and sometimes under trained. Like any job, some officers enjoy their work more than do others. If you are able to get through on the general public phone lines, the USCIS (former INS) or US Consulate staff you talk to has only a computer screen in front of them to look at - not your case file - and can only make educated guesses as to what the status is. However, many staff members are unfamiliar with the fiancee visa or spousal visa processes because the K visa represents only a small fraction of immigration filings. A problem at the USCIS (former INS) can delay your petition 3 months or longer and a problem at the Embassy can delay the application 6-12 months. If such a delay occurs you want to have someone representing you who knows what to do and how to do it in order to keep the delay to a minimum.

Please bring the following documents to your visa interview:

  • A passport valid for at least six months from the date of the interview.
  • A completed Form DS-230 (part I only) Biographic Data form.
  • Two completed DS-156 (non-immigrant visa application) forms, and one completed of DS-156K, (supplemental form for nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa applications). Do not sign the DS-156K supplemental form until instructed to do so by a Consular Officer.
  • Two nonimmigrant visa photos (two inches/50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)
  • A copy of your official birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births
  • Police Certificate: Each visa applicant over the age of 16 must present Indian police certificates as follows: one certificate from the applicant's local police station and one certificate from the applicant's regional passport office.. Applicants are also required to submit police certificates from the police authorities in each country other than India and the U.S. in which he or she has resided for at least six months after the age of 16. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates from certain countries are considered unobtainable.
  • Evidence of Support: You must show evidence that you will not become a public charge in the U.S. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support form along with supporting documents from your sponsor is helpful in proving that your sponsor has sufficient financial resources.
  • Evidence of relationship: You will be asked for evidence that you have met your fiancé(e), and for proof of a valid engagement. Bring letters, e-mails, phone bills, photographs, and other evidence of your relationship.
  • Proof of the legal termination of any previous marriage: death certificate of spouse, or decree of divorce or annulment
  • Court and prison records: If you have been convicted of a crime or other offense, obtain a certified court record covering each offense.
  • Statement concerning your intent to enter into a valid marriage with your fiancé/e within 90 days of your admission into the U.S. Complete. Do not sign this statement until instructed to do so by the Consular Officer.
  • A medical examination from one of our panel physicians.
  • A demand draft for the Visa Application fee. The demand drafts should be made out to "American Consulate General, Chennai" and drawn on a nationalized or foreign bank with a branch in Chennai.
  • Please bring a demand draft for Rs. 350 plus Rs. 50 for each additional passport, payable to "Blue Dart Express Limited." for the courier delivery fees. We cannot accept cash for this service.

Your comments:

#1 Simon Obeid (Australia) at 2008-03-30
I would like to marry a Ukrainian girl.

What is the first step in the procedure?

How can I speed up the process?

Yours faithfully,

Simon Obeid
Author's answer: Dear Simon,

Duration of the process of getting fiancee visa depends on the country. As for the USA it takes about 4-6 months. First of all you should address to the Embassy to find out which documents you and your fiancee should provide and then start to prepare all the papers. Then you will hand them in and after that your fiancee will be invited for an interview in the Embassy of your country in the Ukraine. The decision on approving or rejection of fiancee visa is made afterwards. To speed up the process you should just be sure that there are no mistakes in your papers, you provided the complete package of papers, the personal information is true and you have enough proof of communication.

Your First Name
Your Email Address

     Privacy Guaranteed

GL52081914 GL52068236 GL52080057 GL52081962


      SCANNED June 15, 2024

ChanceForLove Online Russian Dating Network Copyright © 2003 - 2023 , all rights reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced or copied without written permission from