Seeing Russian ladies’ personal ads you must take a note of their level of English. Some men consider it very important because they don’t want to wait till their wife masters English well. Others are not so deeply concerned about English. They much rather prefer beautiful long blond hair :))
Whatever, no one is indifferent. We got the following marks that can show you our Russian ladies’ English level:
The majority of them got this:
«Level 1 - Some forgotten knowledge from school or university»
You are surprised because Russian ladies were learning English at school and university but their level is still poor. Maybe Russian ladies are ill at languages on the whole?
It does take place here because our children learn higher math at the age of 16 and know complicate physical and chemical formulas… but foreign languages they don’t considered very important and learn it for 6-8 years but forget everything when finish school. Well, there are some exceptions. First, we have specialized schools where children are taught the majority of subjects in English. Second, some students are eager to enter linguistic high schools and work hard at their foreign language. In the end, there are talented teachers who are able to inspire their students! But unfortunately they are not numerous. Numerous are those who are indifferent… A teacher’s salary is about 100 $ here. So don’t haste with your conclusions and assert she is not capable to master any foreign language. Maybe she was just not lucky with her teacher and maybe she finished school many years ago and lost her skills without practice.
«Level 2 - Understands written text with help of dictionary».
«Level 3 - Understands written text with some help of dictionary, can write a little or speak on the phone a little».
They are different in one aspect. Level 3 Russian ladies can talk on the phone a little bit. But when calling such a girl try to speak slower and make your sentences simple. Be patient! If your telephone conversations grow more often your Russian ladies are certain to improve their knowledge of English. All they need is practice!
«Level 4 - Understands written text, can write and speak on the phone (almost no communication barrier)».
Level 5 - Fluent language ability.
“Five” is for those Russian ladies who have graduated from a linguistic high school or finished a specialized English school.
No problems with Russian ladies who know English well. You understand each other perfectly because you have no barriers in communication. What if you like a woman who doesn’t know any English or knows a little?
1. First, once you realized that you have found your one in the world woman, advise her attending some courses of English (even if she is fluent!). Do you remember me telling you about one of our former translators who married an American man? She had a university education in the field of English. But the first thing she did in America was starting a course of English at university! She had difficulties in understanding people at first. Just imagine those who don’t know English at all!!! Her advice for Russian ladies: don’t waste time and start learning English as soon as possible.
2. We help our women translate their letters. We also translate your letters for them. But it makes them relax and it’s no good, is it? So we always ask women to translate everything on their own because it is a good practice for them. If something is not clear they can always ask us. We are glad when see that some women take efforts to write in English though our translator is not always happy with it:). The thing is that sometimes mistakes can divert the real meaning and it’s hard to find head or tail of the sentence :-))).
You can be helpful! Join us and always tell your woman to try to speak and write in English on her own. Call her as often as possible and help her with taking some proper English courses. Don’t forget to ask her how things are going on. Let her write you at least several sentences in English! This language is going to be her language soon.
3. Something about “automatic translators”. You must know some programs that help translate texts. Some of our clients can use them but we NEVER DO IT! We know what can happen otherwise:):
- A woman comes to our office weeping and crying, “He is pervert! The only thing he needs is to see me in shower!» The man simply wanted to see her in soul.
What is the reason is this mistake? Synonyms and homonyms. Such programs translate mechanically and often choose one of the words that seems good in sense. But the real sense turns out to be different! Here are a couple of phrases that shocked our women-clients:
“In Australia women have the same rights as men”. (Translation: “In Australia women have the same rights as people”). The English word «man» has two Russian equivalents: “man” and “person”.
“I’d like to see you in soul”. (Translation: “I’d like to see you in shower”). Soul=dusha, but we got the Russian word “dush” meaning “shower” that is the homonym of “dusha” in a certain case. The Russian for “to see” is both “see” and “understand”.
“I’d like you to see not only my outside, but also back inside”. (Translation: “I would like you to see not only my front but also my back”). The similar example.
Russian ladies come to our office and ask for help because the meaning is not really decent! :-) But even more of them don’t come and ask us for advice because they do not consider the information important and keep thinking you wanna see them in shower… :) Misunderstanding.
Whatever, be patient and if something is not clear to you just ask us! We’ll help you to find the point of it. We know all our women personally and can discuss the issues you are concerned about with them.
A little joke in the end! I saw it in the net but unfortunately I don’t know the author. Anyway, this funny set of phrases helps understand that English is hard indeed! :-)
Reasons why the English language is so hard to learn:
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.